The focus of the Primary Training is on iD theory and best practices for facilitating.
- Assigned reading and student discussions between class sessions
- Group in-class discussions of assigned reading so students are exposed to multiple perspectives
- Personal iD sessions for each student (one iD Session per class meeting). One’s own iD work is the foundation for facilitating others. As we continue to integrate all aspects of our authentic selves, we build the skills, capacity and navigational heft to facilitate others.
- Observation of and participation in iD Workshops open to the public
- Supervised, student-facilitated iD Sessions (introduced in latter courses)
Weekly class sessions are roughly three and half hours long and focus on deepening individual understanding of self as well as the theoretical aspect of the material. Each class session is followed by attendance at an iD workshop, where students have additional opportunities to observe and participate in iD sessions, committing to at least 7 workshops per 10 week course.
Timing / Duration
Seven Courses in Total each Course is 10 weeks long
Start date of next Facilitator Training Program will be on February 2023
Weekly iD Workshops (must attend a minimum of 7 of 10 scheduled dates) 3 hours per workshop
Breaks typically, there is a two-week break between Courses
Reading List – Primary Training
Early Trauma - Franz Ruppert
My Body, My Trauma, My I - Franz Ruppert
Who am i in a Traumatised and Traumatising Society - Franz Ruppert
Sex, Love and Trauma - Franz Ruppert
Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation - Janina FisherLink to Books
Are there any prerequisites for the training?
Can you join the training if you are not in a helping/healing/counseling profession?
How can you prepare for the training?
Why do you have to attend iD workshops as part of the training?
When can you facilitate?
Is there support for graduates after the training?
Can you get CEUs for the Primary Training?
If you'd like to learn more or enroll in FTP . . .
please fill in the form below and we will reach out to you.